Houzz Unveils 2018 Home Design Trend Predictions
More color in kitchens
- White kitchens are still on-trend, but Houzz predicts more homeowners will be looking to personalize their spaces by adding new hues. Grays and blue are expected to gain in popularity, while warm wood tones will replace painted cabinets.
- Increasing the amount of color in your kitchen can give it a warmer, more personal touch while also making cooking-related stains and damage less apparent.
- No more white or stainless steel sinks.
- Dark-hued sinks made of concrete, stone, and copper will start to trend.
- Trough and bucket sinks are still popular.
- Millwork walls and detailing will also gain popularity, not just in the traditional bathrooms and kitchens, but as feature walls in spaces like the bedroom.
- Big, bold, botanical floral prints are trending. Be sure to pick high-contrast colors and huge blooms.
- Intricate tile designs can add a compelling element to a wall while being more damage-resistant than wallpaper.
- Vintage-style lights, like aged copper pendants, will gain traction, according to Houzz.
Want more ideas? Walk through our model homes!